Monday, March 15, 2010

Morris and Whiteside Gallery



WOW, what a wonderful day we had! We drove in torrential rain to Hilton Head in S.Carolina from Savannah Georgia, to Morris and Whiteside Gallery,where Karin Jurick has a number of her paintings on display for her upcoming show opening March 26th.
I was completely blown away by her paintings and to see them up close and beautifully framed was absolutely an experience I will never forget. It makes such a difference to see the paintings in person so much better even than the best photograph of them, to see every stroke and color nuance just amazing.
We also drove to Karin's frame store, I was hoping to see her, in Decatur Georgia, it was 9 AM and the store opens at 10 AM. Next time Karin.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow!!! How great is that! I am so envious Irit but I am happy for you having such a wonderful experience. Thank you for sharing all those awesome photos with us!

dominique eichi said...

Great travel sites. I am hoping someone took photos of your back looking at her art on the wall in the same fashion she does so that you could make a painting "a la Karin" of you . Wouldn't that be funny.

Gwen Bell said...

Oh, you lucky girl you! I would love to see some of Karin's work in person. Looks like you are having a great time. Thanks for sharing a bit with us!

L.Holm said...

What fun, Irit! I'm envious, too. Sounds like a great trip! You look fab. :-D