Monday, July 25, 2011

"A Room With Picasso"

Oil on gessoed masonite framed.
Picasso met Marie-Therese by chance, on the street. Entralled by her, he took her by the arm and introduced himself. For a long time she was his secret liaison, but in 1932 she bursted on the scene in many of his paintings. This one "The Dream"
Picasso said, 'A painting comes too me from afar; who knows how far; I divined it, I saw it, I did it, but even so , the next day, I cannot see what I have done myself. How can anyone penetrate my dreams, my instincts, my desires, my thoughts, which have taken so long to develop and to see the light of day, and comprehend what I have put into it, perhaps even against my will.'

9 x 12
$185.00 USD



https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=VB4LFFUJ98HF2

2 comments:

Douglas Clark said...

Beautiful painting and interesting info, a great post.

martinealison said...

Une peinture venue de ton grand ressenti... un beau ressenti... et une magnifique interprétation.
Gros bisous.