Tuesday, June 15, 2010
"From Eve With Love"
3 large cooking apples ( Granny Smith or Fuji) , peeled and thinly sliced
1/2 cup sugar or Splenda
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup dried bread crumbs, divided
1/2 pound Phyllo dough
1/2 cup butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. grease a large cookie sheet
3. In large bowl toss apples with sugar, raisins, walnuts, cinnamon, salt, and 1/4 cup bread crumbs.
5. Take phyllo to make a 12 by 16 inch rectangle, brushing sheets with melted butter and sprinkle with tablespoon of bread crumbs. Repeat, brushing each layer with butter and crumbs.
6. Spoon apple mixture to cover about 1/2 of the rectangle. Roll up jelly roll fashion.
Place on the cookie sheet seam side down. Brush with melted butter.
7. Bake for about 40 minutes, or until golden.
Cool and serve with powdered sugar or serve it warm with Vanilla ice cream.
Oil on canvas panel
6 x 6 inches
$75.00 plus s/h
If you are interested please email me: